ABOUT THOMSONS ONLINE BENEFITS & OUR STORY:
Thomsons started life in 2000 when our co-founders Michael Whitfield and Chris Bruce wrote their first business plan. They had one clear aim - to use technology to revolutionise the employee benefit market.
In January 2013 the company was valued at almost £100m and in June 2015 we fully transitioned to a SaaS benefits technology provider. During December 2016 Mercer, global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career, acquired us.
Today, with over 100 industry awards under our belt and more than one million employees using Darwin globally in over 84 countries and 24 languages worldwide, we continue to revolutionise the benefits market and turn the world PINK as we go.
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.
• Analysing incidents received via the service desk platform in respect of the Darwin application
• Provide 3rd line support to internal and external customers; assist in troubleshooting problems which have surpassed the abilities of other support staff members
• Identify, evaluate and resolve client issues utilizing available resources or independent research
• Identify and implement workarounds until the underlying issues are resolved
• Resolution of incidents and service requests within the agreed Operational Level Agreements
• Writing articles in the knowledge base to increase awareness of issues and reduce the support call volumes
• SQL analysis of the database using SQL queries and MongoDB queries.
• Diagnose and report unresolved issues (defects) in a clear, concise manner to Software Engineering Team for resolution
• Test reported defects that have been corrected by Software Engineering Team.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates, continually improve understanding of business needs from all stakeholder perspectives, including customers, 3rd party suppliers, and host systems.
• Provide information to the business through SQL / MongoDB queries.
• Work closely and effectively with QA Team, Software Engineering Team and Client Delivery Teams.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A “PINK” PERSON WITH:
Excellent communication skills at all levels
Problem solving skills
High attention to detail
A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
Ability to work well within a team
Remain highly adaptable - Due to the turbulent nature of priorities in supporting customers, this role requires high adaptability to changing demands, deadlines and priorities
Ability to manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast paced environment
A technical aptitude - to quickly learn and understand new technologies
Experience with SQL, MongoDB and supporting ASP.Net Applications an advantage.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
Birthday day off
Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
Pension, Life and medical insurance