Cluj-Napoca, RO | Job Posted 17/11/2017
As an Associate Configuration Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering small to medium projects for our clients consisting of implementing Darwin and configuring it to meet their requirements. You will perform testing of configured functionality, as well as supporting post launch work for our Clients (Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing).
You will be closely working with our clients and our product Darwin™, a cloud-based global benefits management and employee engagement software, used by some of the world’s most innovative companies.
We are looking for bright, passionate and friendly people who genuinely want to work with Technology and data in the employee benefits market. Our Clients expect good experience and good knowledge and we’ll give you the training, guidance and support to get you there.
What will you be doing:
- Start from the beginning by learning the technology - we believe you cannot be a Configuration Consultant if you don’t know your product.
- Configure Darwin™: you will learn how to troubleshoot and problem solve. You will learn how important data is to any technology system and how to help Clients understand this.
- You will support Client testing, often under very tight deadlines. You will use our delivery methodology (ID3) to manage your project, write requirements, and design documents.
- You will participate in client meetings from the earliest opportunity so you can start to learn key Client skills.
- You will work with many different teams internally at Thomsons to provide the right solution for our Clients, and be able to explain to Clients what we offer and how it’s delivered.
Areas of focus:
- Develop a close working relationship with the client – this requires a deep understanding of the client’s requirements, team structure, expectations and preferred way of working
- Perform unit testing of all configuration assigned before going back to the client
- Own communication on projects assigned: pro-actively informs project stakeholders about status of work, have input in meetings - produces clear actions/minutes from meetings and circulates accordingly (where required)
- Relationship management: establish firm relationship internally with account managers
- Clients: developing Stakeholder management skills to improve relationships with a variety of senior client sponsors as well as direct project contacts.
- Darwin™ Knowledge: It is expected that the Associate Configuration Consultant will learn and be able to apply basic Darwin™ skills and will spend half of their time or less configuring Darwin.
We are looking for a PINK person, with:
- A passion for team work and knowledge sharing
- Active Problem Solving Skills
- Fast learner with the ability to pick up new tasks quickly
- A good understanding of how projects are delivered
- Focus on suggesting solutions and don’t just on raising problems
- Methodical and logical in your approach to your work, and flexible and nimble when required;
- Good social skills, confident in speaking to people and dealing with challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Would be a plus:
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Good data manipulation skills in Excel
What we offer:
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients