London, UK | Job Posted 28/12/2017
Thomsons Online Benefits is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC). Thomsons’ award-winning platform, Darwin™, is the global market leader for automated employee benefits administration.
With over 1 million worldwide users, Darwin™ connects employees with their benefits in over 86 countries and 24 languages. Thomsons has received 105 industry awards, including the prestigious Brandon Hall Group gold award for Best Advance in Rewards and Recognition Technology in 2015. Mercer and Thomsons combine world class consulting and broking with innovative technology that is driving transformation in the way that benefits are designed, communicated and administered.
What you will be doing:
- You will start at the beginning: learning the technology. We believe you can’t be a Consultant if you don’t know your product
- You will configure Darwin™, you will learn how to troubleshoot and problem solve
- You will learn how important data is to any technology system and how to help Clients understand this
- You will support Client testing, often under very tight deadlines
- You will use our delivery methodology (ID3) to manage your project and write requirements and design documents
- You will participate in Client meetings from the earliest opportunity so you can start to learn key Client skills
- You will work with many different teams internally at Thomsons to provide the right solution for our Clients, and be able to explain to Clients what we offer and how it’s delivered
We are looking for a PINK person with:
- A 2:1 degree, preferably in an IT, Business Systems or Economics related subjects
- A clear desire to help Clients understand our technology and deliver the right solution for them
- A thirst for learning and building up your experience as a Consultant from the ground-up, not doing something once and calling yourself an expert
- An eye for detail and understand the importance of testing and troubleshooting your own work so you can deliver your best first time
- You’re methodical and logical in your approach to your work, and flexible and nimble when required
- A keen problem solver, don’t just raise problems, you suggest solutions
- Confidence (but not pushy)and professionalism
- A bright, passionate friendly person with a genuine interest to work with Technology and Data
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and solid general IT knowledge combined with a genuine desire to work hands on with technology
- Familiarity of project delivery methodologies such as Prince2 would be an advantage
What training is involved?
- We will train you to add value to our clients by asking the right questions and providing them with expert opinion
- To guide the clients in making the right decisions for their business and how to use our exciting technology, Darwin
- We’ll train you on how to Project Manage client projects and guide Clients through the process using core skills such as managing risks and controlling budgets.
- You’ll learn how to talk to and communicate with Clients at different levels in the organisation, as well as internally at Thomsons with colleagues and Managers.
- We’ll teach you about the employee benefits market and the business challenges our Clients face.
What you can expect from us:
- Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
- We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
- Birthday day off.Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
- Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and medical insurance
And the list goes on!