London, UK | Job Posted 28/12/2017
Thomsons Online Benefits is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC). Thomsons’ award-winning platform, Darwin™, is the global market leader for automated employee benefits administration.
With over 1 million worldwide users, Darwin™ connects employees with their benefits in over 86 countries and 24 languages. Thomsons has received 105 industry awards, including the prestigious Brandon Hall Group gold award for Best Advance in Rewards and Recognition Technology in 2015. Mercer and Thomsons combine world class consulting and broking with innovative technology that is driving transformation in the way that benefits are designed, communicated and administered.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Head of Legal
Monitoring industry and regulatory developments relevant to the business and Mercer as a whole.
- Interpret regulatory rules and work with the business to ensure compliance is maintained as regulations change and industry understanding evolves and develops.
- Work with the business to design new (and/or enhance existing) procedures that are both compliant and business efficient
- Undertake monitoring activity (including office visits) to identify weaknesses in the control environment and breaches.
- Work with the business to ensure understanding and adherence to internal MMC and Mercer policies and procedures, including conflicts management
- Provide accurate and timely management information, analysis and reports to the CCO and senior management.Ensure required reporting to the FCA and any other third parties is completed as required.
Identify regulatory and business risks and develop the control environment accordingly.
- This role requires 3 days within our Thomsons Office & 2 days within our Mercer London HQ
We are looking for a PINK person with:
- Good academic record including degree and / or relevant professional qualification.
- A strong understanding of FCA regulation and a general understanding of the authority and role of other specialist external stakeholders and the financial services environment in the UK (and additional jurisdiction(s) is desirable).
- Experience of working in a compliance / risk department
- Internal Client facing role requiring effective day-to-day communication and responsibility for delivering work to an agreed timetable.
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant regulations in the UK
- A reasonable knowledge of any relevant EU legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills.
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills.
- High motivation, with a proven ability to work on own initiative Ability to manage, prioritise and deliver workload to a high quality.
What you can expect from us:
- Birthday day off.
- Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
- Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and medical insurance
And the list goes on!