The FP&A team in plays a vital part in working with the business to ensure financial stability and prosperity. This role will involve managing a team of 2 in an autonomous capacity. The key initial requirement of this role is to implement process, standardization and rigor into the FP&A team, growing the team to be ‘best in class’. The role has a high level of interaction with the business and other Finance colleagues and requires a highly motivated passionate individual, with strong interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Managing and developing the monthly reporting, monthly forecast and annual budgeting processes across TOB and prepare and present concise and accurate consolidated results to Mercer
- Develop, maintain and communicate a forecasting planning calendar for the TOB business working closely with Internal Stakeholders and Mercer to ensure a successful and well co-ordinated planning process
- Manage and track key variances to forecast and budget, through the forecasting cycle and R&O’s to ensure an accurate and reliable forecast is submitted to Mercer
- Build process, rigour and clear accountability into the FP&A Team to ensure timely and accurate management reporting
- Assist with the management of Long Term Strategic Planning and ensuring that the approved initiatives are tracked and delivered effectively to ensure maximum ROI to Mercer and MMC.
- Management of Key Reporting outputs such as Board Packs, Leadership Team KPI’s, Executive Reviews, Executive Dashboards, Headcount and FTE Reporting & other Ad Hoc Reporting,
- Demonstrate capability as a strong, collaborative and inspiring leader within the FP&A team, to grow and develop the individual talent within it
- Provide strong Commercial FP&A guidance to the business to ensure the best management of financial resources, effective cost tracking and control, guidance for P&L management and insight and analytics from the business trends to help drive business performance
- Grow and develop the quality of the reporting produced by the Team to be ‘best in class’; harnessing tools, business analytic techniques and knowledge of the TOB business to best articulate financial information in a professional way
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A “PINK” PERSON WITH
- A qualified accountant with a CIMA, ACCA, ACA or MBA equivalent qualification
- Management experience of leading and developing a small team
- Experience in introducing rigor and financial discipline within a fast growing, global, multi divisional business
- Experience in migrating from manual processes and tools to utilizing systems to ensure accuracy and better presentation of financial information
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to recognize incorrect or inconsistent numbers/reports before they spread any wider and create reputational risk
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to interact as an equal with senior business management
- Possess a high level of business understanding
- Have a good understanding of databases
- Possess excellent IT skills and in particular be able to develop and work with advanced models and presentations
- Hyperion/Essbase/Oracle/SAP knowledge
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
An open, fail-friendly and fun environment
Birthday day off.
Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
Pension, Life and medical insurance
And the list goes on!