London, UK | Job Posted 28/12/2017
Thomsons Online Benefits is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC). Thomsons’ award-winning platform, Darwin™, is the global market leader for automated employee benefits administration.
With over 1 million worldwide users, Darwin™ connects employees with their benefits in over 86 countries and 24 languages. Thomsons has received 105 industry awards, including the prestigious Brandon Hall Group gold award for Best Advance in Rewards and Recognition Technology in 2015. Mercer and Thomsons combine world class consulting and broking with innovative technology that is driving transformation in the way that benefits are designed, communicated and administered.
• Supporting the Head of Legal
• Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents
• Partnering with Thomson’s BUs on all areas of law (commercial, IT, IP, data protection)
• Managing external law firms and other professional advisors.
• Ensuring Business Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation before May 2018
• Providing legal support to the business on RFP’s and other adhoc projects as required and identified
• Working collaboratively with other Legal department members in Thomson’s & Mercer and growing the “Know-How” of the department and business
• Add to the culture and Thomson Values
• The ability to manage relationships with internal partners and external providers.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proven ability to prioritise workload and to work to deadlines.
• Strong team player who seeks and gives empowerment.
• Flexible, positive and approachable with a pragmatic approach.
• Proactive & have a passion to drive excellence & best practise
• Genuine interest in collaborating with your business units & supporting them
• Combine a high performance with high integrity worth ethic
Strong computer and technical skills
Desirable Experience &Qualifications:
• A strong working knowledge of commercial contract law, intellectual property rights (focus on trademarks), technology and European (if not global) data protection law
• Excellent drafting, communication (written and verbal) and negotiating skills.
• Experience of working in an in-house legal counsel role is preferred
• UK Qualified Solicitor with extensive post qualification experience. Those who have qualified with a QLTS are also acceptable.
And the list goes on!