London, UK | Job Posted 25/09/2017
Thomsons Online Benefits is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC). Thomsons’ award-winning platform, Darwin™, is the global market leader for automated employee benefits administration. With over 1 million worldwide users, Darwin™ connects employees with their benefits in over 86 countries and 24 languages. By using the right combination of editions, Darwin™ provides a tailored solution to meet a variety of employee benefit and reward needs, including employee engagement, managing risk, controlling costs and streamlining benefits administration. Its ability to constantly evolve and cater for shifting workforce needs has made it the provider of choice for seven of the world’s top ten technology companies. Thomsons has received 105 industry awards, including the prestigious Brandon Hall Group gold award for Best Advance in Rewards and Recognition Technology in 2015. Mercer and Thomsons combine world class consulting and broking with innovative technology that is driving transformation in the way that benefits are designed, communicated and administered.
• Assisting the other members of the Legal Department in maintaining and growing its know-how and precedent base.
• Conducting legal research.
• Reviewing a variety of commercial contracts relating to the provision of SaaS services.
• Drafting reports.
• Assisting with day to day administrative duties for the lawyers you are reporting to.
• Dealing with any additional ad hoc duties that may arise.
• Facilitate legal/ commercial awareness and compliance across the business.
• Taking responsibility for maintaining and updating an archive and a database of all legal templates/ information.
• Creating, using, sharing and capturing know-how.
• Supporting the Head of Legal.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proven ability to prioritise workload and to work to deadlines.
• Strong team player who seeks and gives empowerment.
• Flexible, positive and approachable with a pragmatic approach.
• Strong computer and technical skills and know-how.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Project management skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Good drafting ability.
• A pro-active, can do attitude.
Behaviour competency requirements:
• Gets to know the company and its business.
• Has the gravitas to work with senior colleagues and to liaise with business colleagues.
• The ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
• Thinks commercially and pragmatically.
• Can communicate and influence effectively.
• Facilitates and embraces team culture.
Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Previous paralegal/legal experience is essential, either in a law firm OR Experience of working in an in-house IT/Commercial Legal Team, whether on secondment or otherwise.
• Knowledge of data privacy law would be advantageous.
Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
And the list goes on!