London, UK | Job Posted 28/12/2017
What will you be doing:
• Responsible for pricing new business and renewals
• Support Sales on the build and submission of Tenders/RFP’s; owning the pricing and commercial sections
• Assist with contract reviews to ensure key commercial terms are protected
• Where necessary ensure tight governance of service schedules, working with the requisite teams to ensure all pricing conditions are signed off and approved
• Super User of the pricing module within Salesforce so you can advise and define ongoing best practice
• Oversee pricing strategy with a focus on the ongoing development of the strategy to align with the business evolution
• Work on systemisation of process to drive adoption and efficiency through the various teams
• Review of competitor pricing and market trends to ensure alignment of internal pricing strategy.
Commercial Operations support:
• Support the sales forecasting process to advise on deal statuses, timelines, commercial risk and general updates in collaboration with the Commercial Finance Analyst and Sales Directors
• Work with the business to ensure collaboration across divisions, aligning the commercial team with operational teams. Focus on services provided and days to deliver and service levels
• Input into the Sales Compensation plans, Sales Forecasting process and Close process as an advisor and support (on occasion) to the Commercial Finance Analyst
• Ensure adoption of SFDC across the commercial teams and lead the commercial applications team with regards to systems improvements / advancements
• Work with parent company on ongoing tracking of joint deals and act as a point of escalation for the sales team to progress joint deals through using this forum.
We are looking for a PINK person with:
• At least 5 years relevant experience in a pricing role
• Strong Pricing and Commercial experience in a SaaS business
• Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
• Excellent skills both written and verbal
• System Skills: Excel (Advanced formulas) and Advanced Powerpoint
• Accounting Systems: Sales Force, SAP, Oracle, Essbase and Hyperion
• Emotional maturity and gravitas to challenge and work with Sales
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form influential relationships with colleagues at all levels of seniority.
• Have worked in a commercial/pricing role for at least 5 years
• Experience of pricing in a SaaS business
• Gravitas and emotional maturity to work independently and challenge Sales to ensure company risk is mitigated
• Be commercially minded with good knowledge building/reviewing contracts with Legal
• Is collegiate and a strong team player who can develop, motivate and assist colleauges
• Decisive and be able to deliver in a fast paced and demanding environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to interact as an equal with senior business management
• Sales Force/Essbase/Oracle/SAP knowledge desirable
What you can expect from us:
• Birthday day off.
• Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
• Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
• Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
• A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
• Pension, Life and medical insurance
And the list goes on!