London, UK | Job Posted 17/10/2017
What will you be doing:
- Responsible for pricing new business and renewals
- Support Sales on the build and submission of Tenders/RFP’s; owning the pricing and commercial sections
- Assist with contract reviews to ensure key commercial terms are protected
- Where necessary ensure tight governance of service schedules, working with the requisite teams to ensure all pricing conditions are signed off and approved
- Super User of the pricing module within Salesforce so you can advise and define ongoing best practice
- Oversee pricing strategy with a focus on the ongoing development of the strategy to align with the business evolution
- Work on systemisation of process to drive adoption and efficiency through the various teams
- Review of competitor pricing and market trends to ensure alignment of internal pricing strategy.
Commercial Operations support:
- Support the sales forecasting process to advise on deal statuses, timelines, commercial risk and general updates in collaboration with the Commercial Finance Analyst and Sales Directors
- Work with the business to ensure collaboration across divisions, aligning the commercial team with operational teams. Focus on services provided and days to deliver and service levels
- Input into the Sales Compensation plans, Sales Forecasting process and Close process as an advisor and support (on occasion) to the Commercial Finance Analyst
- Ensure adoption of SFDC across the commercial teams and lead the commercial applications team with regards to systems improvements / advancements
- Work with parent company on ongoing tracking of joint deals and act as a point of escalation for the sales team to progress joint deals through using this forum.
We are looking for a PINK person with:
Essential experience and skills
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a pricing role
- Strong Pricing and Commercial experience in a SaaS business
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Excellent skills both written and verbal
- System Skills: Excel (Advanced formulas) and Advanced Powerpoint
- Accounting Systems: Sales Force, SAP, Oracle, Essbase and Hyperion
- Emotional maturity and gravitas to challenge and work with Sales
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form influential relationships with colleagues at all levels of seniority.
The qualities required to support this role are:
- Have worked in a commercial/pricing role for at least 5 years
- Experience of pricing in a SaaS business
- Gravitas and emotional maturity to work independently and challenge Sales to ensure company risk is mitigated
- Be commercially minded with good knowledge building/reviewing contracts with Legal
- Is collegiate and a strong team player who can develop, motivate and take people with them
- Decisive and be able to deliver in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to interact as an equal with senior business management
- Sales Force/Essbase/Oracle/SAP knowledge desirable
What you can expect from us:
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
- Birthday day off.
- Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
- Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and medical insurance
And the list goes on!