London, UK | Job Posted 14/09/2017
The Product Manager is responsible for the entire value chain of a product or service offering. The process includes working with clients and sales teams to validate insight, the building of a business case, managing and driving software or operational priorities, driving through all additional deliverables to make it a business success and working with the marketing team for launch.
The role requires the Product Manager to champion both product and services initiatives both internally and externally, supporting the Account Management and Sales teams in communicating and selling the product and its proposition to the market.
The Product Manager defines product and service requirements based on their own expertise and feedback gathered across the business, clients and wider market. He/she identifies how product innovations may add value to or reduce business costs of both Thomsons and its clients. He/she is then responsible for working with our Development teams to turn this insight in to products, features and/or services.
As a Team that needs to adapt to the ever-changing Technology landscape, we need someone who can lead cross-functional Technology Projects/Initiatives that cross over Darwin, Thomsons’ software product. This will involve:
• Leading projects/initiatives to meet agreed/desired goals/outcomes across Engineering, wider business, partners and clients
• Drawing up and executing against plans with appropriate stakeholders.
• Driving cross-functional teams to execute/implement plans and stakeholder communication/management on progress.
• Identifying and managing risk, noticing early signs of failure and responding decisively and proportionately.
· Identify new product and market opportunities for Thomsons including, but not limited to, opportunities with third party providers.
· Lead on significant product change projects and manage these across the business, partners and clients.
· Understand internal and client requirements for all products and services by working with sales, marketing, client projects, client services, and technology.
· Establish a product and service roadmap and align product direction with company priorities.
· Using Agile software methodologies drive the definition and prioritisation of product requirements in light of business priorities, marketing requirements, and development resources. Build and maintain backlogs for software development teams to support these activities.
· Own the commercial relationship with any third party partners or providers, where appropriate.
· Ensure that products meet quality, cost, delivery, and feature requirements at introduction and throughout product lifecycle by constantly evaluating performance and adapting the product offering.
· Regularly work with the Engineering team through Agile software development methodologies for planning, requirements discussions and product development meetings.
· Interface regularly with the Operations teams and external partners (as needed) to define and deliver service enhancements and improvements which drive increased client satisfaction and profitability.
· Engage directly with clients and partners to manage input to and output of product changes
· Own the product launch strategy across the organisation, including working with marketing, sales, and providers as appropriate.
· Be the most reliable source of product knowledge, providing a one-stop shop for users in both an internal as well as external facing capacity.
· Oversee the creation and updating of collateral, pre-sales material, product documentation, marketing initiatives and training activities.
· Increase product take-up, popularity and customer loyalty, increasing revenue as a result of product success.
· Working in and looking for improvements in our delivery methodologies.
· Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization – be highly motivated, ambitious and a self-starter.
· Solid experience engaging and presenting to clients on a regular basis.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
· Experience in working with Agile Software Delivery methodologies and with Software Engineering teams
· Ability to plan, organise and manage short and long-term projects.
· Good communication skills with a desire to work with teams across Thomsons, clients and partners.
· Strong presentations skills.
· Excellent spoken and written English.
· Good stakeholder management, ability to present persuasively to Thomsons’ management team.
· Experience working with and presenting to senior management teams.
· Well-developed business acumen and professional skills.
· Commercial outlook, understanding what makes profitable propositions.
· 2:1 or higher in a BA/BSc in a relevant field; MA/MS/MBA preferred.
· Fluent in spoken and written English.
· 3 years plus experience in B2B SaaS software product management or technology consulting.
· Knowledge of flexible benefits or HCM software platforms
Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
And the list goes on!