London, UK | Job Posted 14/09/2017
Thomsons Online Benefits is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC). Thomsons’ award-winning platform, Darwin™, is the global market leader for automated employee benefits administration.
With over 1 million worldwide users, Darwin™ connects employees with their benefits in over 86 countries and 24 languages. Thomsons has received 105 industry awards, including the prestigious Brandon Hall Group gold award for Best Advance in Rewards and Recognition Technology in 2015. Mercer and Thomsons combine world class consulting and broking with innovative technology that is driving transformation in the way that benefits are designed, communicated and administered.
What you will be doing:
- Lead projects/initiatives to meet agreed/desired goals/outcomes across Engineering, wider business, partners and clients
- Drawing up and executing against plans with appropriate stakeholders.
- Driving cross-functional teams to execute/implement plans and stakeholder communication/management on progress.
- Identifying and managing risk, noticing early signs of failure and responding decisively and proportionately.
- Identify new product and market opportunities for Thomsons including, but not limited to, opportunities with third party providers.
- Lead on significant product change projects and manage these across the business, partners and clients.
- Understand internal and client requirements for all products and services by working with sales, marketing, client projects, client services, and technology.
- Establish a product and service roadmap and align product direction with company priorities.
- Use Agile software methodologies to drive the definition and prioritisation of product requirements in light of business priorities, marketing requirements, and development resources. Build and maintain backlogs for software development teams to support these activities.
- Own the commercial relationship with any third party partners or providers, where appropriate.
- Ensure that products meet quality, cost, delivery, and feature requirements at introduction and throughout product lifecycle by constantly evaluating performance and adapting the product offering.
- Regularly work with the Engineering team through Agile software development methodologies for planning, requirements discussions and product development meetings.
- Interface regularly with the Operations teams and external partners (as needed) to define and deliver service enhancements and improvements which drive increased client satisfaction and profitability.
- Engage directly with clients and partners to manage input to and output of product changes
- Own the product launch strategy across the organisation, including working with marketing, sales, and providers as appropriate.
- Be the most reliable source of product knowledge, providing a one-stop shop for users in both an internal as well as external facing capacity.
- Oversee the creation and updating of collateral, pre-sales material, product documentation, marketing initiatives and training activities.
- Increase product take-up, popularity and customer loyalty, increasing revenue as a result of product success.
- Working in and looking for improvements in our delivery methodologies.
We are looking for a PINK person with:
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization – be highly motivated, ambitious and a self-starter.
- Solid experience engaging and presenting to clients on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Agile Software Delivery methodologies and with Software Engineering teams
- Ability to plan, organise and manage short and long-term projects.
- Good communication skills with a desire to work with teams across Thomsons, clients and partners.
- Good understanding of all disciplines in the wider technology team and sufficient understanding of technical language, that will help build strong relationships and partnerships across the team.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good stakeholder management, ability to present persuasively to Thomsons’ management team.
- Experience working with and presenting to senior management teams.
- Well-developed business acumen and professional skills.
- Commercial outlook, understanding what makes profitable propositions.
- 2:1 or higher in a BA/BSc in a relevant field; MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- 3 years plus experience in B2B SaaS software product management or technology consulting.
- Knowledge of flexible benefits or HCM software platforms
What you can expect from us:
- Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
- We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
- Birthday day off.
- Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
- Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and medical insurance
- And the list goes on!