London, UK | Job Posted 26/09/2017
The Senior Consultant is the lead client-facing role in the delivery of our Health & Wellbeing Proposition to Thomsons’ clients. The primary responsibility for the role is to look after the insurance and healthcare needs of a portfolio of Key Accounts, typically our larger UK clients and those with complex health, well-being and absence needs.
These clients typically have large Corporate Medical Insurance and Trust-based arrangements, with knowledge of the workings of each of those governance-funding models and provider propositions integral to delivering value to our clients, particularly at a time when we are seeing IPT and other health issues come to the fore.
In addition to the Medical Insurance products, these clients will also require guidance and direction to ensure that all their benefits are structured correctly to protect themselves and their employees, especially with regard to Life Assurance and the reducing Life Time Allowance.
We call our approach Benefits Governance and it is designed to maximise engagement with and proper use of each benefit to drive better outcomes for the client and their employees.
Responsibilities for those clients include year-round management of their benefit strategy, from supporting them in defining their approach to health and absence, to design and brokerage of the benefits through to implementation of processes and initiatives, using our platform, Darwin™.
The Senior Consultant will also have responsibilities in shaping the development of our Benefits Governance approach, as well as providing input to sales and marketing, through the delivery of thought leadership, presenting at events and supporting the sales process, to help win new clients and increase our engagement with existing clients.
• Delivery of Annual Renewal Cycle – the Senior Consultant will be responsible for managing the renewal cycle for each of their client’s benefits, including meeting with the client to assess and agree their demands and needs for the year, from which the Senior Consultant will oversee the data gathering, quote and negotiation process, before presenting their recommendations to their clients. Once the client has agreed their course of action for the renewal, the Senior Consultant will oversee any implementation.
• Delivery of Benefits Governance – the Senior Consultant will be responsible for preparing and presenting Benefits Governance throughout the year to their clients, to ensure the clients objectives are met, the cost of the benefit programme is sustainable and they are driving better outcomes.
In addition to that, as required by the Client, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for providing more frequent, updates throughout the scheme year, to maintain the relationship with the client and report on certain performance aspects of their scheme, through the monitoring of claims and usage.
Finally, the Senior Consultant shall ensure the proper follow-up and recording of the process internally.
• Developing other Opportunities – through the Governance process, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for identifying and demonstrating to their clients the need for and value of utilising other products and services, which drive improved health and absence outcomes. The Senior Consultant will then play an active role in closing those opportunities, delivering addition value and revenue to Thomsons.
The Senior Consultant will then be responsible for delivering or overseeing the delivery of those new products and services, working with other teams in the business to ensure that the technology and communications are updated to align to the changes in products and services.
• Providing Ongoing Support to their Clients – as and when clients request ad hoc support or requests for information, the Senior Consultant will own the response to the client to ensure that delivery happens within our agreed SLAs and to the quality levels that we set by the H&WB Team Manager.
• Supporting the Sales process – ensuring that they have close links to the Thomsons sales team, the Senior Consultant will provide support to winning new prospects that require health and wellbeing services as part of their relationship with Thomsons. This will include response to tenders, attending pitches, helping with the delivery of proposals and ensuring that pricing reflects the work to be undertaken.
When those new clients are won by Thomsons, the Senior Consultant that supported the sales process will then take that client into their portfolio to provide a consistent client experience.
• Supporting the marketing team – the Senior Consultant will be responsible for supporting the marketing team with the delivery of thought leadership and insight. This will include providing analysis and insight for market research pieces, presentation of thought leadership at the client and prospect events and the delivery of regular articles and journalist interviews, as agreed with the marketing team.
• Leading innovation – the Senior Consultant will be responsible for several projects throughout the year, as agreed with the Consulting Director and H&WB Team Manager, to help move our Health & Wellbeing Proposition forward and ahead of the competition. The required time, resource and support will be provided by the business to empower the Senior Consultant to deliver this part of their role and change the workplace health landscape as we collectively agree.
• Ensure compliance and competency – the Senior Consultant will work with the H&WB Team Manager to create a personal development and competency plan that they will use to maintain and monitor their own competency and compliance throughout the year.
• To comply with the Information Security Policy and to preserve the availability, confidentiality and integrity of the information assets of Thomsons Online Benefits. To be security aware and to report any Information Security Incidents promptly.
To display personal leadership and example in information security, ensure the Organisation’s policies and procedures are followed and all team members are fully briefed.
• Maintain and comply with the rules, guidance and regulations as set out by Thomson’s Compliance function to ensure compliance with the FCA rules and guidance. To maintain and comply with the rules, guidance and regulations as set by the FCA and adhere to TOB compliance requirements as set out in the relevant Thomsons Policies.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proven ability to prioritise workload and to work to deadlines.
• Strong team player who seeks and gives empowerment.
• Flexible, positive and approachable with a pragmatic approach.
• Strong computer and technical skills and know-how.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Project management skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Good drafting ability.
• A pro-active, can do attitude.
Behaviour competency requirements:
• Gets to know the company and its business.
• Has the gravitas to work with senior colleagues and to liaise with business colleagues.
• The ability to work well and remain calm under pressure.
• Thinks commercially and pragmatically.
• Can communicate and influence effectively.
• Facilitates and embraces team culture.
Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
And the list goes on!