London, UK | Job Posted 18/06/2018
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Software Engineering Team!
About the team:
The software engineering team is on a continuous journey of innovation. Working on our SaaS product Darwin is exciting, rewarding and challenging. Being part of a diverse and agile team is an excellent opportunity to collaborate, create and progress. The team is looking to welcome a Senior Software Engineer with an in depth understanding and experience in quality.
Your mission will be:
- To work closely with our global engineering team, to design and implement our quality practices, take a hands-on approach to qualifying our application (Darwin™) releases with test frameworks and automated quality gates.
- Defining, designing, communicating, and executing Thomson’s quality vision & processes across our global engineering teams and Darwin releases.
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new quality processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate it to your team, architects, engineers, DevOps and management.
- Setting the technical direction, by consulting with the team and architects
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies.
- Researching new technologies with the team.
- Coaching, one to one mentoring, and developing team members.
We are looking for a PINK person, with:
- Solid, proven experience in test automation, testing Distributed Systems and/or Software Development Kits.
- Designing, building and implementing testing tools, automation frameworks and Quality processes.
- Working with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Working closely with DevOps in establishing effective quality strategies which facilitates a quick feedback mechanism in a continuous deployment environment.
- Computer Science and Object Oriented Programming fundamentals with proven problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience.
- Developing effective quality strategies for extensible, scalable, maintainable, secure and high performing applications.
- Proactive communication and cross functional collaboration
- Selenium Webdriver
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Our “PINK” benefits & what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending accountfor you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.
We will not accept any contact or CVs from unsolicited agencies. All agencies must refrain from contacting us directly, please email the recruitment inbox.