Role Location: London, UK
Our mission & vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Software Engineering Team!
About the team:
The software engineering team is on a continuous journey of innovation. Working on our SaaS product Darwin is exciting, rewarding and challenging. Being part of a diverse and agile team is an excellent opportunity to collaborate, create and progress. The team is looking to welcome a senior full stack software engineer
Your mission will be:
- Designing and building enterprise applications with more emphasis on front-end development.
- To work within our global engineering team, to design, develop and maintain our Darwin™ software platform.
- Setting the technical direction, by consulting with the team and architects, and considering all arguments.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by promoting best practices, conventions and standards.
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicating it to your team and management.
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies.
- Researching new technologies for the team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Solid of experience in enterprise application development.
- Extensive front-end development, using the latest web technologies, to create user-friendly and accessible user experiences.
- Designing and developing systems that are maintainable, scalable, extensible, reliable and secure.
- Leading teams and projects.
- Working in multi-disciplined teams including Quality Engineers, Business Analysts and UX designers.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- Object-Oriented Programming (SOLID) fundamentals.
- Debugging and general problem solving.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) fundamentals.
- N-tier architecture.
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience.
- Proactive communication and cross-group collaboration.
- RESTful APIs.
- C# .Net
- HTML 5 and CSS3
- Web API
- Working on a known version Control tool
- LESS or SASS
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
Our "PINK" benefits & what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending accountfor you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.
We will not accept any contact or CVs from unsolicited agencies. All agencies must refrain from contacting us directly, please email the recruitment inbox.