London, UK | Job Posted 10/08/2018
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Controllership team within Finance.
About the team:
The Controllership team within Finance looks after the following main areas: month-end reporting, statutory reporting, tax liaison, VAT reporting, operational finance activities (client invoicing, accounts payable) and payroll.
Your mission will be:
We are looking to recruit a fantastic Accounts payable associate to take sole control of the Accounts Payable function in the UK and US and review the Romania payment runs prepared by our outsourced accountants. This role involves working in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment, and working with the Group Financial Controller and wider finance team.
The main responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the accounts payable function, reporting to the Group Financial Controller. Process all purchase ledger invoices for the UK and US (US company is small)
- Fortnightly payment runs for the UK and Romania (Romania invoices are processed by an outsourced company)
- Monthly online US payment runs (small volume)
- Process ad hoc payments
- Processing and reconciling company credit card statements
- Resolve supplier queries on a timely basis.
- Ensuring any potential problems or irregularities, are reported to managers on a timely basis
- Posting of all bank payments in the accounting system
- Banking of cheques (low volume) and distributing the post that comes into Finance
- Updating daily banking file and informing management team of cash position
- Recording commission income statements in excel file ready for month-end journals
What skills and values you will bring:
- 3 years+ relevant experience, ideally a sole charge role within a fast paced environment
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the company, both senior managers and junior employees
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.