Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The consulting team cover Health and wellbeing, scheme design, pensions, communications and proposition. They work closely together to ensure a best in class consultancy service and are extremely client centric. Since our services cover the entire spectrum of employee benefits, your role will be to provide expert insight and recommendations on all aspects of benefits programme design.
The role and your mission:
As our Associate Benefits Consultant, you will have a client-facing, project-based role. You will be responsible for delivering our Scheme Design services to Thomsons’ clients, helping them effect major change for their benefits programmes.
Your primary responsibility will be to support the delivery of strategic and management consulting projects, against the client’s requirements and objectives. Our services cover the entire spectrum of employee benefits, so your role will be to provide expert insight and recommendations on all aspects of benefits programme design.
You will build strong relationships within the business by providing support to other areas of Thomsons, with a particular focus on Account Management and Sales support to help generate new bookings and revenue.
Client Scheme Design Projects:
Typically be involved in the delivery of several projects at any given time, by:
- Supporting Scheme Design Consultants and colleagues in delivery of the Scheme Design proposition
- Supporting the sales process for consulting
- Developing close relationships internally with Account Management and existing clients
- Producing sales proposals and service schedules
- Project kick-off workshops and project planning
- Helping clients define project scope, challenges and objectives
- Collating and conducting research via methods as stakeholder interviews, surveys and focus groups
- Undertaking workforce profiling, bench-marking and trend analysis
- Supporting financial modelling and impact analysis on various potential design options
- Aiding in compiling, analysing and synthesising findings to make formal recommendation to clients
- Aiding and documenting client decisions, handing over to project teams and successfully closing projects
Sales and Client Opportunity Support:
- Supporting the Client Team – ensuring close relationships with the account management team, you will be responsible with supporting client conversations and identifying leads for the wider team to deliver.
- Supporting the Sales Team – you will provide support to winning new prospects that require consulting services as part of clients' relationship with Thomsons.
- Developing methodology – you will help develop the Scheme Design Team consulting and project methodology, by taking time to review and collate feedback on our approach and learn from improvements in consulting technique from outside the business and even industry.
- Record keeping – you will ensure all systems and processes are followed
- Ensure compliance and competency – you will work with the Scheme Design Team Manager to create a personal development and competency plan that they will use to maintain and monitor their own competency, compliance and development throughout the year.
What skills & values you will bring:
- Good communication skills, confident in building rapport and dealing with challenge
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Learning appetite and a growth mind-set
- A passion for technology and working in teams
- A strong can-do attitude and ambition to fulfill goals
- Excel expertise necessary, plus high proficiency in other MS Office products
- Industry experience (benefit consulting) is a plus
Our “PINK” benefits & culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday month
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?