Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 15/05/2019
The Atlassian Administrator will join a fast paced Technology Operations team to help manage Atlassian services across company globally.
You will be closely working with our product Darwin™, a cloud-based global benefits management and employee engagement software, used by some of the world’s most innovative companies
The role and your mission:
- Respond to, support and guide users of Atlassian tools within the company.
- Administer Atlassian Tools instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling.
- Create comprehensive JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes etc.
- Manage permissions for the Atlassian Tools, including project wide and issue/space/..
- Utilise Confluence for knowledge. Customise look and feel to match corporate branding.
- Setup reports, dashboards and filters as well as utilise third party add-ons in JIRA and Confluence.
- Evaluate, setup and support third party add-ons for Atlassian Tools.
- Research Atlassian best practices for implementation.
- Prepare and present projects to supervisor and possible other leadership.
- Work on various projects within department.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Interact with existing vendors for support and troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user facing documentation.
Your experience and values:
- Experience with Atlassian tools - administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Hands‐on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with specific focus on JIRA and Confluence as an Application Administrator.
- Energetic and able to work in a fast changing dynamic agile environment; strong work ethic with good time management.
- Ability to analyse, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Scripting experience using one or multiple programming languages.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in the UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients