Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Company is currently seeking a fast-learning, motivated, highly organised and detail driven individual to play an important role within the Bid Team. The main aim of this role is to assist the Bid Team, who are responsible for preparing responses to a wide variety of individual client requirements as well as framework tenders. The role includes responsibility for managing and refreshing the content library, coordinating the production of proposals through the bid lifecycle and supporting the Bid Team to produce winning proposals.
The role and your mission:
While this role is initially more administrative in nature, this is to provide the right candidate with the best possible foundation. It comes with the opportunity to move into a Junior Bid Writer roles as the candidate develops an understanding of the company, its product and services as well as bid writing skills (initially through shadowing and gradually taking on increasing responsibility and involvement in crafting more substantial proposals).
The position will also assist the Bid Team in the provision of case studies, generic proposal content and bid templates, providing occasional Company-wide support as required.
The successful applicant will have strong organisational and administration skills, a methodical approach with good attention to detail, good IT skills, proven capability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines where necessary.
- Assisting in the coordination of bidding activities across the full bid lifecycle including arranging stakeholder meetings and creating bid project plans
- Assisting in gathering information, and other bid materials
- Provision of support for a Company-wide ‘centre of expertise’ for bidding; assembling case study material and project references, maintaining a bid library with bid collateral including written content and diagrams, consultant CVs, and other generic content as required
- Assisting in bid formatting and editing
- Assisting with bid production and submission including printing, binding and delivery or arranging delivery of final responses.
- Assisting in the production of bid reports and supporting bid team qualification meetings
- Answering queries from colleagues on navigating the bid and content library
- Where requested, contributing to company-wide projects where Bid Team input/ representation is required
What skills and values you will bring:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written English
- Good organisational and administration skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work both independently, proactively and as part of a team
- Proven ability to work under pressure, delivering effectively against tight deadlines, and occasionally work beyond core hours to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Willingness to learn and to challenge to make improvements.
- An interest in the bidding profession
- Knowledge of / experience in software companies, employee benefits.
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?