Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Operational Excellence team are key to supporting Thomsons scale and global growth within the Professional Services organisation. We provide Programme and Project Management, Process Improvement and Change Management skills by delivering cross functional deliverables. We operate as experts and partners to our Client facing teams to help the organisation provide competitive advantage through world class SaaS delivery and service to our Clients.
The role and your mission:
Reporting to our Head of Operational Excellence, your role will be to create and/or collate a suite of documentation to define and improve our end-end operating model by:
- Working with business SMEs to define end-end how the AS-IS business operates from order-to-cash and creating a full suite of supporting documentation;
- Using operational data and feedback from Clients and internal teams to identify process gaps and issues and a roadmap of priorities to resolve;
- Proactively recommending TO-BE processes based on feedback, experience and industry best practices;
- Working with internal best practice teams to roll out new end-end processes and solutions to ensure change is effectively embedded;
- Defining best practice and processes for governance and continual improvement to improve end-end Client delivery and service.
What skills & values you will bring
- Demonstrable experience of creating Detailed Process Maps, Value Stream Mapping and related documentation which can be used by a wide range of users;
- Ability to clearly articulate a business problem, present a range of options and provide a recommendation based on business priorities;
- Demonstrable experience of process analysis of end-end delivery to Clients, preferably of SaaS software;
- Experience of dealing with internal stakeholders to a senior level;
- Proven experience of facilitating cross functional workshops to reach meaningful conclusions;
- A genuine passion for continual improvement and change, driven by tangible data to support strategic business goals and enabling people and teams to succeed; Ability to work at a very detailed level as well as operate end-end; Commercial awareness in terms of the value Operational Excellence can provide within a business;Lean and Six Sigma experience is preferred; Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to clearly articulate problems and solutions;
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Free fruit in every office - yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers (but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too);
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.