Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
Our Consulting services cover the entire spectrum of employee benefits and our role is to provide expert insight, analysis and recommendations on all aspects of benefits programme design.
The role and your mission:
As our Employee Benefits Scheme Design Consultant, you will have a client-facing, project-based role and own the delivery of our Scheme Design services to Thomsons’ clients, helping them effect major change for their benefits programmes.
Your main focus will be to deliver strategic and management consulting projects. This involves converting inputs, such as bench-marking, workforce profiling and opinion and financial modelling into options and recommendations to aid the decision-making process. In addition to working on billable client projects, you will also partner with other areas of the Thomsons business, with a particular focus on Account Management and Sales to help generate new bookings and revenue, whether in the area of Scheme Design or wider Thomsons’ service provision.
Client Scheme Design Projects
Typically delivering and supporting a several projects at any given time, work and activities include:
- Supporting pitches and client pre-sales meetings
- Project kick-off workshops and project planning
- Helping clients define project scope, challenges and objectives
- Compile, analyse and synthesise findings to make formal recommendation to clients
- Deliver presentations to clients and their stakeholder groups for buy-in and decision-making
- Aid and document client decisions, handover to project teams and successfully close projects
Sales and Client Opportunity Support
- Supporting the Client Team - ensuring close relationships with the account management team, you will be responsible for identifying leads and supporting client conversations. You will play an active role in closing those opportunities, delivering addition value and revenue to Thomsons.
- Supporting the Sales Team - ensuring close links to the Thomsons sales team, you will provide support to winning new prospects that require consulting services as part of their relationship with Thomsons.
- Supporting the Marketing Team - you will spend a portion of your time providing content for the marketing team, to help promote the Thomsons brand and market perception as thought leaders.
- Driving innovation – you will provide support for several projects throughout the year, as agreed with the Consulting Director and Scheme Design Team Manager, to help move the consulting and Scheme Design Proposition forward and ahead of the competition.
- Developing methodology – you will help develop the Scheme Design Team consulting and project methodology, by taking time, within their role, to review and collate feedback on our approach and learn from improvements in consulting technique from outside the business and even industry.
What skills & values you will bring:
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a similar employee benefit role
- Strong analytical skills, with experience of data manipulation and comparison of data sets using lookup and pivot table functions.
- Proficient in using PowerPoint for the creation of presentation material
- Articulate with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, confident in speaking to people and dealing with challenges
- Highly organised and strong time management skills
- Self-motivated and team player
- Being flexible to meet the needs of the team
- Relevant industry qualifications (e.g. CII, PRINCE2)
Our “PINK” benefits & culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday month
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?