Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Thomsons Finance team is home to our finance controllership function and to our finance business partners who all play an important part in ensuring Thomsons is a profitable and successful business.
The team work closely together to support each other in achieving the financial goals of the company and are made up of diverse and talented people. The FP&A team are well respected across the business and their work has contributed to many key achievements and company milestones.
The role and your mission:
The FP&A function work closely with senior stakeholders in the business building strong relationships and transparency. As the Commercial Business Partner, you will be a key member of the team. You will look to support key stakeholders within the business to drive value, supporting areas with the operational running and proactively challenge decisions and ideas when required.
- Oversee and review all revenue reporting across Thomsons including SAAS, Implementation and Professional Services revenue, co-ordinating with the controllership team on the ensuring the data submission to Mercer is complete and accurate
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of the TOB Revenue Forecast; working with the business stakeholders to build up the forecast ‘bottoms up’, challenging assumptions and ensuring the forecast is robust
- Work with the FP&A team on the automation of current reporting within Excel and leading the process redesign and integration project moving to a new Mercer billing system.
- Production of Key Management reports such as the Flash Reports, Board Pack, Exec Pack, Exec Dashboards, Leadership Team P&L’s with insightful and commercial commentary of the overall performance of the business
- Management and development of the FP&A Graduate, reviewing work and mentoring.
- Support the business leaders on Ad Hoc Analysis and commentary that would assist them in maintaining control of their costs and assisting them in running their business
- Provide data and ad-hoc analysis to the various teams to drive improvement and ensure targets are being achieved.
- Assist in the improvement of new and existing business data capture through Salesforce, embedding best practice into the teams which is consistent with the overall aims of the commercial team. Develop salesforce to capture account management dashboards and once developed ensure information is accurate / valid and up-to-date
- Develop commercial insight of delivery function. Provide information to them to improve commercial understanding and feed information to commercial team to help refine assumptions to improve value.
- Support the Head of FP&A on Ad Hoc business projects
What skills and values you will bring:
- A qualified accountant with a CIMA, ACA or MBA equivalent qualification
- Revenue business partnering experience specifically within a SAAS, Software or Technology business.
- Strong FP&A skills and solid FP&A experience, with a passion for analysing numbers and drawing insight
- Flexibility and adaptability to quick-paced changing requirements, with ability to progress a significant number of tasks in parallel and prioritise tasks effectively
- Strong presentation skills in drawing out key comments when reporting results
- Capability to fix and improve existing processes and systems
- Have a passion for wanting to understand the key drivers of the business performance and not just presenting the obvious
- Experience working in a fast moving, high growth, agile business and the ability to cope with that change
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-financial people in a simple and insightful way
- High level Excel modelling skills (up to and including VBA) and equally comfortable working in Excel and Systems
- Logical and process-minded whilst being able to connect the dots and see the bigger picture
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, ability to deal with people of varying levels of the business
- Hyperion/Essbase/Oracle/SalesForce/Webcas knowledge.
Our “PINK” benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?