London, UK | Job Posted 18/09/2018
Our mission & vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Finance team!
About the team:
The commercial finance team work closely with the business. They are a tremendous assest to the business and help to forecast progress of growth and identify opportunities and successes. It is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, fast changing environment where your ability to adapt and improve processes will be integral to the success of the team.The role has a high level of interaction with the business and other Finance colleagues and requires an agile, commercial, highly motivated individual, with strong interpersonal skills.
Your mission will be:
- To manage the preparation and consolidation of Month End Results: co-ordinating with the controllership team on the ensuring the data submission to Mercer is complete and accurate
- Preparation, submission and co-ordination of reporting to Mercer FP&A
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of the Forecast; working with the business stakeholders to build up the forecast ‘bottoms up’, challenging assumptions and ensuring the forecast is robust
- Managing the Business Overheads Forecasting process and file, working with Marketing, Technology and the wider business to track and understand developments in the business.
- Assist the FP&A Manager with the automation of reporting within Excel and also the migration to the group BI system - Essbase/Hyperion
- Production of Key Management reports such as the Flash Reports, Board Pack, Exec Pack, Exec Dashboards, Leadership Team P&L’s with insightful and commercial commentary of the overall performance of the business
- Support the FP&A Manager in guiding and providing direction to the FP&A Graduate
- Support the FP&A Manager on Ad Hoc business projects which drive process improvements and business efficiency.
- Support the business leaders on Ad Hoc Analysis and commentary that would assist them in maintaining control of their costs and assisting them in running their business
What skills & values you will bring:
- A qualified accountant with a CIMA, ACA or MBA equivalent qualification
- Strong FP&A skills, solid FP&A experience, with a passion for analyzing numbers and drawing insight
- Technical FP&A ability to constantly check the integrity of the work/data produced so as not to create wider reputational risk
- Strong presentation skills in drawing out key comments when reporting results
- Have a passion for wanting to understand the key drivers of the business performance and not just presenting the obvious
- Experience working in a fast moving, high growth, agile business and the ability to cope with that change
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-financial people in a simple and insightful way
- High level Excel modelling skills (up to and including VBA) and equally comfortable working in Excel and Systems
- Hyperion/Essbase/Oracle/SAP knowledge
- Experience in working in a fast paced, agile environment and the ability to adap to a changing environment
- Self motivated
Our “PINK” benefits & what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending accountfor you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.