Our mission & vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes benefits management and employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, with nearly 2 million people already using Darwin.
This is an exciting opportunity to establish and grow a new function in an incredibly fast paced environment.
About the team:
Our Technology Implementation team is part of our Professional Services division and is integral to the success of Thomsons.
They are are responsible for delivering our software all over the world and work with some of the biggest clients globally. The team plays a critical role in helping our clients realise value from their investment in our technology.
About the role:
This is a newly created function within Thomsons. This a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to have a real impact on change within this growing division.
As our new PMO Manager you will be embarking on the exciting journey to establish global governance, lead change management and focus on global business processes. You will have a direct impact by focusing on capturing, tracking and improving the quality of data that can be used to create a more efficient service to our clients. We will also look to you to recommend support systems that can excel automation within our service cycle.
Along with a team of analysts, you will support our Global Programme Leads by providing them with relevant and timely information to enable effective decision-making and programme governance. The quality of your work will be critical as it affects the delivery of all other global programme stakeholders, including those within our clients’ teams.
Most importantly, you will be expected to help structure ambiguous problems, support analytical work streams, and apply sound business judgement while communicating complex issues effectively.
Your mission will be:
- Manage the Global PMO function, including PMO analysts and other services business operations team members
- Create, monitor and manage all operations tracking of the portfolio of project and programme plans utilising Thomsons templates
- Be proactive in resolving or offering solutions to resolve supply and demand challenges of deployment both at the transaction level and operational levels
- Act as strategic adviser on PMO to the business in the region, working closely with the regional Delivery Managers, as well as Operations Leadership, to provide guidance based on business intelligence and knowledge of the region
- Drive strategic planning activities and discussions that include regular interface with management, long term capacity planning, and finance teams to provide analysis and recommendations for process improvements and implementation
- Maintain project and programme plan templates with Best Practice team
- Coordinate all programme communication – document control, meetings, issuance of project documentation
- Record and manage of all Management action plans
- Monitoring adherence to project SLAs and key performance indicators
- Standardize of all of the above where possible, tailoring to specific client needs/preferences where necessary
- Track, coordinate and communicate with clarity for all stakeholders.
What skills & values you will bring:
- Experience of building a PMO function within a global organisation
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to operational business processes, with a preference for Services/Professional Services/Consulting operations
- Experience of working in a fast-paced operational role, with ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities and remain focused on delivering excellent results
- Outstanding project management skills to manage and prioritize a variety of competing projects.
- Extremely strong analytical skills with the ability to detect patterns and analyse disparate data
- strong verbal and written communication with our clients and senior stakeholders is vital
- have previous experience with structured project management methodologies (desirable) and PPM tools
- ideally (but not necessarily) have had exposure to employee benefits technology delivery or similar industry
Our “PINK” benefits & what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values ‘being brilliant together’, ‘challenging everything. delivering excellence’ and ‘maximising potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.