Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 20/09/2019
Configuration Engineers are responsible for creating the business logic that drives Darwin™, using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL*).
Templates written by Configuration Engineers will be used to standardize and simplify the implementation of client schemes across the globe. (* The Darwin Configuration Language (DCL) is a proprietary configuration tool, developed in Thomsons. This is used in Darwin 4.0 to create the basic building blocks of our platform (benefits, client schemes and interfacing). There is no expectation that anyone applying for the role will have any background or prior knowledge of DCL syntax).
The role and your mission:
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions using DCL
- Create Country, Organization, Scheme and Benefit templates using Darwin Configuration Language
- Maintain templates including change management for any updates to existing templates
- Work with technology teams on defining new functions in DCL to make template writing more efficient
- Produce documentation to reflect the content and available options of released templates
- Develop business process models and documentation relevant to the team’s objectives
- Assist Darwin Support teams with the debugging of templates
- Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested
- Respond to ad hoc exercises and issues
- Deal with workload peaks without compromising standards.
Your experience and values:
- Excellent communication skills in English – both spoken and written
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical solution
- Ability to abstract and create a general solution for a problem (e.g. based on multiple benefits setups identify elements that are generic and need to form part of the provider’s product base template)
- Ability to generate relevant test case scenarios that can be used to test templates
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients