Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Engineering team!
The Graduate Software Engineer will be focused on learning our product Darwin & aiding in projects, initiatives and transformations of the product. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in software engineering in a fast paced, tech focused company.
As a Software Engineer you play a role in ensuring that your team can efficiently turn our ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
• Be passionate and enthusiastic about software engineering.
• Keep up to date with the latest Technologies.
• Innovate and come up with new ways to improve Darwin and the way we develop and deliver Darwin
• Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technical Lead.
• Keep to the processes, standards and designs your team has agreed.
• Ensure you and others continuously improve, by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective.
• Contribute to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Management.
• Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
• The day-to-day duties, include but are not limited to;
• Writing C#, ASP.NET, and Janus code.
• Writing database scripts for SQL and MongoDB.
• Working with other members of the Technology team and wider Thomsons’ team.
• You will be responsible for ensuring all the requirements of the features are implemented to the highest standard and meeting the requirements discussed and agreed with the relevant stakeholders.
A good understanding of an object-oriented programming language, Agile development methodoligies and continuous delivery
• Enthusiasm about technology and a passion to learn on the job
• Honesty about your skills and knowledge
• The ability to apply problem solving skills to technical issues
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good logical thinking and analytical approach to problem solving
Brownie points for any of the following:
• Graduate degree in Computing
• An Understanding of TDD
• Any contribution to open source projects
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.