London, UK | Job Posted 25/07/2018
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
We are now looking to revolutionise the market further by welcoming a Head of Engagement & Automation!
About the team:
A global team of 4 – 6 people across London & Romania (Cluj-Napoca) driving the engagement of global benefit carriers with productised benefits and the Darwin proposition.
Your mission will be:
This role is a unique and special opportunity to define, create and develop the next era in employee benefits communication engagement. The mission of this role is to transform the client and employee user experience by ensuring data flows accurately, efficiently and safely through employer and carrier platforms. This an innovative role which will play an integral part in the success of Thomsons’ strategic ambitions.
- Managing a global team of 4 – 6 people across London & Romania (Cluj-Napoca);
- Driving the engagement of global benefit carriers with productised benefits and the Darwin proposition,
- Populating & maintaining a global Carrier Readiness Database relating to the use of Darwin;
- Driving and capturing the Productisation of carrier benefits
- Aligning & working closely with the Thomsons Technology & Product Teams to commission the development, and maintenance of Carrier Product Templates in Darwin;
- Driving automation and connectivity across global carriers and Darwin
- Liaising & passing over requirements to the Thomsons Technology & Product teams to commission the design and build of prototype APIs with partner carriers;
- Interface regularly with the Operations teams and external partners (as needed) to define and deliver service enhancements which drive efficiency, satisfaction and profitability.
Key tasks & deliverables:
- Driving the engagement of global benefit carriers with their relationship with Thomsons, integration with Darwin and the Darwin proposition;
- Driving and capturing the Productisation of carriers’ benefits, to support streamlined implementation and servicing of Darwin in ways previously never thought possible
- Driving automation and connectivity across global carriers and Darwin; defining the market precedent for benefit administration automation
What will success look like in 2020?
- You started a movement for employee benefit carriers, particularly insurers, to have data integrated to employee benefit platforms. Insurers have adapted their products to be platform ready.
- Over 30% of carrier Products are pre-built in to Darwin, transforming the implementation & service time for clients using Darwin.
- Your work with global carriers helped influence and direct development of the World’s #1 Global Benefits Management platform; Darwin.
- Market leading APIs are live with a number of global carriers in defined contribution pensions and core insurances – death benefit, disability, serious illness and medical insurance.
- Complete automation of some key processes (e.g. policy premium calculation, employee underwriting) has been enabled through APIs.
- Employee data security has been materially improved throughout the value chain.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Well-developed communication skills and competence in joint project leadership.
- Willingness and capability to engage with global and national insurers and providers at CEO and COO level.
- Instantly credible when dealing with People leads in global clients as you gather client wants and needs.
- Competence and experience in scoping and designing process change and in commissioning technology supply.
- Experience in commissioning APIs, data flow and function automation in value chains. These may be adjacent or analogous to employee benefit markets - working for an insurer, employee benefit consultancy or as a benefits leader in a large employer - though bringing thinking and experience from other value chains would be of interest.
- Appetite for a job, which is a bewildering combination of audacious macro strategy and micro process and data flow design.
- Already managing a team or teams that have designed and executed change in D2C or B2B processes.
- 2:1 or higher BA/BSc in a relevant field MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English; other languages a bonus.
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.