Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Consultant team are responsible for the delivery of our consulting services to our clients. The consulting team cover Health and wellbeing, scheme design, pensions, communications and proposition. They work closely together to ensure a best in class consultancy service and are extremely client centric. This role will sit within the Health and Wellbeing team and looks after the risk and healthcare needs of a portfolio of Key Accounts, typically those with complex health, well-being and absence needs.
The role and your mission:
- Delivery of Annual Renewal Cycle – You will be managing the renewal cycle for each of their client’s benefits, including meeting with the client to assess and agree their demands and needs for the year. Once the client has agreed their course of action for the renewal you will oversee any implementation.
- Delivery of Benefits Governance – You will be preparing and presenting Benefits Governance throughout the year to their clients, to ensure the clients objectives are met, the cost of the benefit programme is sustainable and they are driving better outcomes
- You will also look to provide more frequent, updates throughout the scheme year, to maintain the relationship with the client and report on certain performance aspects of their scheme, through the monitoring of claims and usage.
- Developing other Opportunities – through the Governance process, the you will be identifying and demonstrating to their clients the need for and value of utilising other products and services, which drive improved health and absence outcomes. You will play an active role in closing those opportunities, delivering addition value and revenue to Thomsons.
- Providing Ongoing Support to their Clients – as and when clients request ad hoc support or requests for information, you will own the response to the client to ensure that delivery happens within our agreed SLAs and to the quality levels that we set by the H&WB Team Manager.
- Supporting the Sales process – ensuring that they have close links to the Thomsons sales team, will provide support to winning new prospects that require health and wellbeing services as part of their relationship with Thomsons. This will include response to tenders, attending pitches, helping with the delivery of proposals and ensuring that pricing reflects the work to be undertaken.
- Supporting the marketing team –You will be responsible for supporting the marketing team with the delivery of thought leadership and insight. This will include providing analysis and insight for market research pieces, presentation of thought leadership at the client and prospect events and the delivery of regular articles and journalist interviews, as agreed with the marketing team.
- Leading innovation – You will work on several projects throughout the year, as agreed with the Consulting Director and H&WB Team Manager, to help move our Health & Wellbeing Proposition forward and ahead of the competition.
- Ensure compliance and competency – You will work with the H&WB Team Manager to create a personal development and competency plan that they will use to maintain and monitor their own competency and compliance throughout the year.
- To comply with the Information Security Policy and to preserve the availability, confidentiality and integrity of the information assets of Thomsons Online Benefits. To be security aware and to report any Information Security Incidents promptly.
- Maintain and comply with the rules, guidance and regulations as set out by Thomson’s Compliance function to ensure compliance with the FCA rules and guidance. To maintain and comply with the rules, guidance and regulations as set by the FCA and adhere to TOB compliance requirements as set out in the relevant Thomsons Policies.
What skills & values you will bring:
- Experience working within a consultancy or provider of Group Risk and or Healthcare Benefits
- Specific experience and knowledge of Group Benefits and services
- Solid experience working with clients externally and working in a client facing role
- Provider experience is desirable
- Qualifications such as GR1 or IF7 would be advantageous
- Motivated to work with clients in their best interest
- Collaborative nature and the ability to work cross functionally
Our PINK benefits & culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?