Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 07/09/2020
About the team:
The Business Analysis team is responsible for supporting the design and development of both custom and core product features. Business Analysts work with domain experts to solicit and identify business requirements, address usability concerns, and document solutions.
We create a shared understanding of what a feature is supposed to do, the business problems being solved and the technology solutions being implemented.
The BA team also performs market research and analysis to define requirements and recommend solutions, which add value to the business.
Your mission will be:
As a Junior Business Analyst, you’d be primarily working as a bridge between Product Team and Software Engineering Team in translating high level requirements into detailed specifications aiding in core product (DARWIN) feature development.
Also, depending on the project and with growing experience within the role, you’d be expected to work with wider stakeholders within the Company like Solutions Delivery, Configuration Engineering etc. to deliver work packages outside core feature development. Example, Business Case writing, Market Analysis, Data Analysis etc.
Under the direction of senior Business Analysis resources, you’d play an integral part of the Product development and design process for a number of projects.
You’d be expected to work on different product areas within DARWIN, hone your Business Analysis skills simultaneously, and eventually work towards becoming Subject Matter Expert on specific areas within DARWIN.
- Perform requirements gathering, process analysis, gap analysis - in design of new functionality, software improvement and bug fixes.
- Carry out an in-depth evaluation and verification of functionalities, serving as a middle person between the Product Team and Software Engineering, to ensure that product information are properly disseminated via User Stories in JIRA.
- Ensure requirements are SMART.
- Validate UX designs to ensure all User Flows are captured as per requirements.
- Challenge stakeholders during requirement elicitation sessions to ensure the requirements are fair, logical and specific, with necessary and agreed trade-offs if required.
- Monitor & manage changes to baseline requirements with the use of effective change control processes/tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Work when needed with the Product Owner to assist in Backlog grooming, User Story development and prioritization.
- Support the technical teams throughout the development cycle to ensure the requirements are properly understood, implemented and tested.
- Support software upgrades and data migration by analyzing feature gaps and possible tripping points that could occur during the upgrade, performing data analysis and ensuring everything is brought across successfully.
- Participate actively in project walkthroughs, business requirements gathering, design walkthrough, implementation sessions and retrospectives.
- Participate in market requirements gathering and assists in identifying business use cases.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, software engineering, business or other related field.
- 1+ years of analysis experience (Business or Technical) or consulting/implementation experience on HCM or Employee Benefits management platforms.
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - able to analyse and solve problems, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong written and spoken English and Romanian.
- Self-Starting - takes independent action and goes beyond what the job or situation requires.
- 2+ years of analysis experience (Business or Technical) or consulting/ implementation experience on HCM or Employee Benefits management platforms.
- Experience in working with Agile Software Delivery methodologies and with Software Engineering teams.
- Knowledge of flexible benefits or HCM software platforms.
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence and MS Visio or other similar tools.
- Certified ECBA or other similar certifications.
- Good understanding of all disciplines in the wider technology team and sufficient understanding of technical language, that will help build strong relationships and partnerships across the Technology team.
Our PINK benefits and culture
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients