Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Client Team!
About the team:
Our top-class Marketing team is dedicated to growing awareness of Thomsons and Darwin and educating the market on global benefits technology. We help position Darwin as the number one choice of platform to help Thomsons on our journey to dominate the global benefits market, and along the way, changing benefits. For good.
All our activity is designed to ensure Thomsons maintains its reputation as a thought leader in the industry and is the first choice for benefits technology but ensuring the right people know who we are, what we do, and why we are the best in the market at doing it!
Your mission will be:
This marketing manager role requires a proven background of delivering highly effective and targeted marketing programmes within an EMEA or global market. The role is responsible for all our channel marketing and campaigns, managing an inbound marketing delivery engine. You will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, consulting, product, sales and client account teams as well as third party agencies and media partners in the design, delivery and measurement of lead generation campaigns that support company’s revenue goals.
This role is responsible for a small team of marketers who will be helping to deliver campaigns across all channels and to all target audiences. As well as leading this team, you will also be owning and executing your own projects and campaigns. It is a busy and dynamic team, you will be required to help keep the pace of delivery and bring high energy to work every day.
- Strategic analysis of customer and market data to help plan and create high performing campaigns to help generate new business sales and client upsell cross-sell opportunities.
- Source and create incisive, fresh campaign content that clearly positions Thomsons as a leader in the global market.
- Innovative use of the marketing mix to develop compelling assets and strong calls to action.
- Evaluation, selection and management of our third party channel spend to increase our reach through media partners in key target regions.
- Work with the marketing team at our parent company, Mercer, to create insightful campaigns that promote and strengthen our joint value propositions and build lead pipeline for both parties.
- Promote all campaigns across the business and within the Mercer community with a clear communications programme and a self-serve enablement toolkit for the sales team and Mercer.
- Data building, segmentation and maintenance to create effective targeted marketing campaigns.
- Ownership of the measurement of channel and campaign performance and setting appropriate targets for Marketing Qualified Leads. Regularly report on the effectiveness of overall campaign and ROI.
- Manage the global campaigns calendar, ensuring audiences receive an appropriate flow of communications to achieve optimum results.
- Identify and communicate key learnings for future campaigns.
- Management of the budget for channels and campaigns.
- Management and development of a small team of marketing executives.
- Management of third party agencies and support contractors.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Marketing specialist with proven delivery of high impact, integrated campaigns.
- Leader in digital technology. Marketing automation systems experience (ideally Pardot) is a must, with strong track record of managing lead generation engines and nurture platforms.
- Must have experience in software, ideally SaaS solutions, with knowledge of HCM or employee benefits market segments being useful.
- People management experience.
- Excellent writing skills, with high attention to detail of both content and presentation impact, and ability to work to and apply branding guidelines
- BA/BSc in a Business Management, Marketing, Economics, or related field.
- Fluent in English; other languages a bonus.
- Ability to manage the dynamic environment of a rapidly growing business with strong capabilities in planning and management of short and long term projects.
- Strong stakeholder management, ability to influence and communicate persuasively to our management team, clients, partners and prospects.
- High comfort level in reporting and analysis.
- Well-developed business sense and professional skills which enable you to help us make the right decisions for our business.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong internal drive and determination which enables you to thrive in a changing, fluid organisation.
- Commercial outlook and understanding of client needs.
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.