Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (DarwinTM).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Solutions Delivery team!
About Darwin & Solutions Delivery
The current version of the Darwin benefits platform has been developed by Thomsons over the past ten years. It is a market leading and specialised global platform that requires specific training and accreditation for consultants to be proficient in delivering programmes and projects.
The services are only offered to market and clients through Thomsons Solutions Delivery and a very limited number of staff from our parent company Mercer. The Thomsons Solutions Delivery team are responsible for implementing Darwin to our clients as well as managing any changes to the client’s requirements whilst using the Darwin platform and services. The SD team plays a critical role in helping our clients realise value from their investment in our technology. Implementing Thomsons solutions is very specific to our organisation and platform.
The Principal Consultant position is a pivotal role across Solutions Delivery that will help define, plan and execute the implementation and/or in life services aligned to the on-going Darwin business plan.
This position with the specific purpose of managing client portfolios for programmes and projects, as well as on going in life change services; providing the focus and innovation to bring world-class delivery management service thinking through into practical solutions, processes & practices that can guide clients to best business value.
Driving the key cardinal points for service delivery; time, cost, scope and quality to deliver to client expectation and contract requirements. In making these changes it is vitally important that we maintain our PINK culture and values as translated into our people – which make our services so distinctive.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the group of portfolio/lead consultants and associated teams to achieve globally consistent world class Darwin implementation services
- Work across the Solutions Delivery team to drive and facilitate the continuous improvement
- Delivery on time solutions that meet the Solution Delivery objectives (including NOI and revenue targets)
- Support best practice processes and ways of working globally and locally (through people plans, support system evolution and client engagement/ success management)
- Delivery change management services to execute change in a systematic, predictable way
- Help define, plan and execute new operating models and services
- Engender a focus on quality and predictability in the services provided
- Keep aware of changes within the benefits market segment and also platform service providers – so we can continuously evolve our services on an ongoing basis
- Identify and solve process and client key learning points – establish a continual improvement process across Solutions Delivery
- Enable working teams with new skills and capabilities aligned to change projects and programmes
- Work with Darwin Service groups including MMB Local leaders
Your mission will be to:
- Deliver on time, high quality referenceable implementation and in life services
- Work with Programme & Resource office (PMO) to create and manage the resource plan to ensure appropriate recruiting, hiring and retention efforts to support the business
- Responsible for the development of all team members to meet the Thomsons working practices and standards.
- Work with:
o Solution Delivery Directors, Principals and Programme leads
o Delivery Centre managers in Cluj and Delhi
o Client Success Managers
o Thomsons Commercial team, Mercer Client Partners as appropriate.
o Programme and project teams.
- Collaborate with other Directors, PRO and the Deployment Team to maintain and improve standard operating procedures across the Solutions Delivery Function.
- Key Metrics:
o Deliver to time, whilst delivering NOI (margin)
o Team Utilization
- 3-6 portfolio/lead consultants with associated teams (up to 40 consultants)
What Skills and Values you will bring:
- Preferred knowledge of global benefits management, general Human Resources, Payroll or Financials
- Experience Saas Service operating models and implementations
- Experience in Operational management within a start-up/SaaS business environment
- Passion for technology and how it can influence the lives of both our clients and their employees
- Compelling stakeholder management and communication skills
- A strong can-do attitude and a goal-focused approach
- A love for working with teams and strong people skills
Our “PINK” Benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?