Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey and join the Product team!
Your mission will be:
- Lead projects/initiatives to meet agreed/desired goals/outcomes across Engineering, wider business, partners and clients
- Drawing up and executing against plans with appropriate stakeholders.
- Driving cross-functional teams to execute/implement plans and stakeholder communication/management on progress.
- Identifying and managing risk, noticing early signs of failure and responding decisively and proportionately.
- Identify new product and market opportunities for Thomsons including, but not limited to, opportunities with third party providers.
- Lead on significant product change projects and manage these across the business, partners and clients.
- Understand internal and client requirements for all products and services by working with sales, marketing, client projects, client services, and technology.
- Establish a product and service roadmap and align product direction with company priorities.
- Use Agile software methodologies to drive the definition and prioritisation of product requirements in light of business priorities, marketing requirements, and development resources. Build and maintain backlogs for software development teams to support these activities.
- Own the commercial relationship with any third party partners or providers, where appropriate.
- Ensure that products meet quality, cost, delivery, and feature requirements at introduction and throughout product lifecycle by constantly evaluating performance and adapting the product offering.
- Regularly work with the Engineering team through Agile software development methodologies for planning, requirements discussions and product development meetings.
- Interface regularly with the Operations teams and external partners (as needed) to define and deliver service enhancements and improvements which drive increased client satisfaction and profitability.
- Engage directly with clients and partners to manage input to and output of product changes
- Own the product launch strategy across the organisation, including working with marketing, sales, and providers as appropriate.
- Be the most reliable source of product knowledge, providing a one-stop shop for users in both an internal as well as external facing capacity.
- Oversee the creation and updating of collateral, pre-sales material, product documentation, marketing initiatives and training activities.
- Increase product take-up, popularity and customer loyalty, increasing revenue as a result of product success.
- Working in and looking for improvements in our delivery methodologies.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization – be highly motivated, ambitious and a self-starter.
- Solid experience engaging and presenting to clients on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Agile Software Delivery methodologies and with Software Engineering teams
- Ability to plan, organise and manage short and long-term projects.
- Good communication skills with a desire to work with teams across Thomsons, clients and partners.
- Good understanding of all disciplines in the wider technology team and sufficient understanding of technical language, that will help build strong relationships and partnerships across the team.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good stakeholder management, ability to present persuasively to Thomsons’ management team.
- Experience working with and presenting to senior management teams.
- Commercial outlook, understanding what makes profitable propositions.
- Experience in B2B SaaS software product management or technology consulting.
- Knowledge of flexible benefits or HCM software platforms
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.