London, UK | Job Posted 25/07/2018
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
We are now looking to revolutionise the market further by forming an Engagement & Automation team!
About the team:
This team has a unique and special role to define, create and develop the next era in employee benefits communication engagement. The mission is to transform the client and employee user experience by ensuring data flows accurately, efficiently and safely through employer and carrier platforms. They are also responsible for managing relationships with Global Benefit Carriers, improving the implementation and servicing of Darwin across the business. This an innovative area which will play an integral part in the success of Thomsons’ strategic ambitions.
Your mission will be:
- Managing the relationship with Global Benefit Carriers, including legislative changes, security and legal requirements, standard products and reports, processes, documentation and troubleshooting
- Driving and managing a ‘Global Carrier Readiness Database’, that captures a diverse Global market and its ability to work with Darwin
- Prioritising and capturing the Productisation of Carrier benefits to support streamlined implementation of Darwin, including working closely with the Thomsons Technology team where required
- Driving automation and connectivity across global carriers and Darwin; defining the market precedent for benefit administration automation
- Managing the design and build of prototype APIs with Carriers, including requirements gathering, design, creation and testing
- Interfacing with internal and external partners (as needed) to drive efficiency, satisfaction and profitability
What will success look like in 2020?
- You have created a ‘Global Carrier Readiness Database’, that captures a diverse Global market and it’s interaction with Darwin.
- Over 30% of carrier Products are pre-built in to Darwin, transforming the implementation & service time for clients using Darwin.
- Market leading APIs are live with a number of global carriers in defined contribution pensions and core insurances – death benefit, disability, serious illness and medical insurance.
- Complete automation of some key processes (e.g. policy premium calculation, employee underwriting) has been enabled through APIs.
- Employee data security has been materially improved throughout the value chain.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Solid experience of consulting/project/programme management experience
- A proven track record of managing and delivering technology project/programme initiatives and consulting engagements, often reporting directly to senior stakeholders
- A strong understanding of the project lifecycle and the ability to employ these concepts in process design, system implementation and the development of deliverables
- Practical use and experience of structured project management methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Flexible and creative ways of working to manage effective delivery in varied, challenging situations
- Proven ability to self-start and create value in new ways
- 2:1 or higher BA/BSc in a relevant field
- Prince2 or equivalent Project Management qualification
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.