Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 22/10/2019
About the team:
As an Reception and Office Assistant you will be part of our People Team and you will provide support and guidance to all guests and staff visiting (or working at) Thomsons’ sites. Your role is to provide day to day administrative support to ensure that all Thomsons Teams have what they need to service our clients.
The role will also act as the first point of contact for our partners, suppliers and guests visiting our Cluj office. You will coordinate all travel and accommodation bookings, assist in the organization of events and provide support for the local management team members as required.
The role and your mission:
- Greeting and assisting guests regarding office facilities in an informative and helpful way;
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service and support;
- First point of contact for couriers and postage;
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges;
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Responsible for full business trip booking process for Romanian employees;
- Collaborate with UK Front desk in booking local transfers for all travel between our offices in Romania, Singapore and the US;
- General office management (cleaning, maintenance, etc);
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are ordered, invoiced, delivered and paid on time;
- Implement office improvements (as per ePulse, Cluj Leadership Team & Line Managers feedback);
- Partner with HR Department, IT and Information Security for office policies – as necessary;
- Organise and schedule meetings – as necessary;
- Offer logistical support for office festivities throughout the year – as necessary.
What skills and values you will bring:
- High standard of communication in English, both verbal and written;
- Experience as an office assistant, back-office assistant or in related field;
- Good Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- The ability to meet deadlines and a real desire to achieve results.
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression;
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative;
- Fast-paced agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients.