Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
Our Technology Implementation team is part of our Professional Services division and is integral to the success of Thomsons.
They are are responsible for delivering our software all over the world and work with some of the biggest clients globally. The team plays a critical role in helping our clients realise value from their investment in our technology.
The role and your mission:
As our new Resource Analyst you will be joining a new function within an incredibly fast paced software delivery environment.
You will support our Global Resourcing Lead and Programme Leads by providing them with relevant and timely information to enable effective decision-making and resource data analysis. If you are passionate about problem solving, collaboration and making an impact with the use of data then this could be a brilliant opportunity for you.
- Support the Global Resource Management Lead, working alongside the Project Management Office Lead/Analysts and other business operations team members
- Responsible for the collection, management and communication of resource specifications for projects and programmes
- Analyse, report on and manipulate raw data to represent - and highlight particular trends/patterns in - resource and delivery status
- Support and help define the key measures of success and metrics to measure delivery
- Be proactive in resolving or offering solutions to address supply and demand challenges, supporting the Global Resource Management and PMO Lead
- Produce forecasts and schedules for operational delivery and longer term strategic planning
- Act as an adviser on Resource Management Best Practice, working closely with the regional Delivery Managers and SD Leads to provide guidance based on business intelligence and governance
- Undertake and act upon ‘planned vs actual’ analysis to drive continued planning accuracy
- Support strategic planning activities and discussions that include regular interface with SD management and and finance teams to provide analysis and recommendations for process improvements and implementation
- Support the maintenance of project and resource plan templates with Delivery teams
- Drive ‘real time’ effort analysis of the Solutions Delivery Team through operational review and metrics tracking of operational efficiency
- Produce regular reports and analysis of delivery performance, cost, trends and pipeline
- Support in the production and distribution of timely and accurate financial forecasting
- Monitoring adherence to project Service Level Agreements and key performance indicators
- Analysis of forecasting plans, trends, mitigating risks and re-evaluating strategies
- Track, coordinate and communicate with clarity for all stakeholders.
What skills & values you will bring:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office applications including: MS Word, Excel (practical experience of using for data manipulation, e.g. pivot tables, simple formulas etc. for data analysis and reporting)
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to operational business processes, with a preference for Services/Professional Services/Consulting operations
- Experience of working in a fast-paced operational role, with ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities and remain focused on delivering excellent results
- Good project management skills to manage and prioritize a variety of competing projects.
- Extremely strong analytical skills with the ability to detect patterns and analyse disparate data
- Strong verbal and written communication with our clients and senior stakeholders is vital
- Have previous experience o project and resource management/analysis desirable o experience with working with PPM tools o ideally (but not necessarily) have previous experience of employee benefits technology delivery or similar industry
Our PINK benefits & culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?