Role Location: London, UK
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our PINK people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Solutions Delivery team!
About the team:
This is a great opportunity to grow and shape the resource function in an incredibly high growth company. We are growing exponentially as a company each year & are excited to have a resource management professional to join our team.
Your mission will be:
- Working inside the Global PMO, taking responsibility for the resource function within the Solutions Delivery group.
- Solutions Delivery provides a range of services to successfully implement global programmes and projects, as well as on going services for some of the largest and best known global brands.
- Act as strategic advisor on resourcing to the business in the various regions, working closely with the regional leaders, and to provide guidance and best practice.
- Drive strategic planning activities and discussions that include regular interface with management, and long term capacity planning to provide analysis and recommendations for process improvements.
- Provide data insights to support strategic and annual business plans.
- Provide transparency through management reports to all stakeholders across the business.
- Create and publish operational reports, designed to deliver optimal management visibility.
- Identify and report on key performance metrics, drawing key insights and leveraging them to help set the strategic agenda for the team.
- Automate manual processes
- Deployment and continuous governance of a resourcing tool globally
- Document, publish and communicate process changes
- Be proactive in resolving or offering solutions to resolve supply and demand challenges of deployment, both at the transactional and operational levels.
- Optimise the allocation of work to maximise utilisation and profitability.
- Actively manage capacity and reduce utilisation leakage.
- Line managing our team of Resource Analysts.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Resource Management
- Deployment and manpower planning experience
- PMO/Project Management experience, to support our Global PMO Manager in building and driving process change across the company
- People management; able to nurture and empower our talent
- Extremely strong analytical skills with the ability to detect patterns and analyse disparate data
- Proven senior stakeholder reporting, using meaningful data for Executive decision making
- Similarly strong Excel skills, with capacity to build complex macros from the ground up
- Strong communications skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Strong knowledge of and exposure to operational business processes, with a strong preference for knowledge of Services/Professional Services/Consulting operations
- Experience of working in a fast-paced operational role, with ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities and remain focused on delivering excellent results
- Experience with a third party resource management system/tool is ideal; experience implementing a system would be a huge plus!
Our “PINK” benefits & what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.