Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
Working within Finance you will form part of the Controllership Team who are responsible for all general accounting, the accuracy of financial reporting, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet as well as supporting the business with a range of services including client billing and accounts payable. This is all supported through a structured control environment.
As a team member you will need to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. This will include having a strong understanding of how the business operates including priorities and the range of risks and challenges faced by the business
Your role and your mission:
- Be responsible for the overall accuracy of revenue recognition processes in line with both IFRS 15, US GAAP and MMC Group revenue recognition policies.
- Manage key stakeholders including Senior Executives, FP&A and auditors to ensure they are provided with accurate and timely management information and financial data.
- Assist with the development of finance systems and processes, identifying opportunities to improve current processes and help resolve issues.
- Take ownership of the month end revenue reporting process, ensuring these are accurate and delivered on time with an awareness of the key dependencies.
- Ensure all revenue recognition has sufficient support.
- Actively monitor and manage WIP balances working closely with the billing team.
- Weekly reporting of revenue forecast.
- Preparation and submission of monthly balance sheet reconciliations associated with WIP and deferred revenue.
- Develop knowledge of systems and processes to ensure group policies are adhered to.
- Assist with ad-hoc finance projects and analysis as and when required.
What skills & values you will bring:
- Qualified Accountant with experience in a similar role.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with people at all levels,.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Highly analytical with an ability to solve problems
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure.
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?