London, UK | Job Posted 25/07/2018
Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the the People Team!
About the team:
the People Team which is a fun and busy team modelling the HRBP format with centres of excellence for L & D, Engagement and Recruitment. We are at the forefront of supporting the business with all things People and more!
Your mission will be:
To bring a passion to want to design and deliver several areas of Reward into a Pink framework for Thomsons – namely:
Salary review Process – collation, summary to budget, design of letters and packs and approvals paths – starting from scratch!
Benchmarking – reviewing the market for all of our people at least annually, new roles as required. Completion of the annual benchmarking survey with Mercer and helping our other countries complete this too and utilising the results from this across the business. Devising a package calculator to allow us to compare our Total Reward at Recruitment stage
Benefit Renewal – looking at the annual UK benefits, assessing the market for new offerings, making decisions for renewal/change of providers (with our consulting team) running presentations for our people at the annual window time and Induction presentations on our benefit offering for all of our new starters.
Benefits Engagement – looking at different ways to sell our great benefit package to our people and communicating all year round and being the general go to person for all Benefits questions and queries.
Pension Governance – attending our annual meeting, and devising comms and carrying out actions from this meeting in for all of our people
Policy & Guidelines – creating and developing new employment policies for our business (with guidance from the HRBP and team) with a global eye on all of them as required – and working with our global teams on making sure all local iterations are consistent and
Family Polices – implementation of the actions from our review of our Family and People policies – and assistance in setting up the required letter templates, policy and relevant support groups in conjunction with our Gender Parity group/Engagement.
GDPR – managing our ongoing requirements for the People Team under GDPR
Various Key projects over the 12 months as required with a Reward Theme – such as Global Mobility.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Previous compensation and benefits experience within a fast-paced commercial organisation.
- Experience of preparing data on excel and managing the change over into the cloud or online technology as required
- Experience of tax and National Insurance calculations and processing employee benefits such as travel season ticket loans, Private Healthcare etc.
- Excellent administration skills with high attention to detail
- Experience of designed and delivering policy and or guidelines
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders within the company
- Good team player, who is capable of working on their own initiative, in a busy environment
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel (Advanced) and PowerPoint
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.