Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
We are a fun and busy team modelling the HRBP format with centres of excellence for L&D, Engagement and Recruitment. We are at the forefront of supporting the business with achieving its strategic aims with all things People and more!
The role and your mission:
- Salary Review Process – collation, summary to budget, design of letters and packs and approvals paths.
- Benchmarking – reviewing the market for all of our people at least annually, new roles as required. Completion of the annual benchmarking survey with Mercer and helping our other countries complete this too and utilising the results from this across the business.
- Compensation – an annual review on our variable pay for our parent company’s Remuneration committee and Board review of the same
- Benefit Renewal – looking at the annual UK benefits, assessing the market for new offerings, making decisions for renewal/change of providers (with our consulting team) running presentations for our people at the annual window time and Induction presentations on our benefit offering for all of our new starters.
- Benefits Engagement – looking at different ways to sell our great benefit package to our people and communicating all year round and being the general go to person for all Benefits questions and queries.
- Pension Governance – attending our annual meeting, and devising comms and carrying out actions from this meeting in for all of our people
- Gender Pay Gap reporting – looking after the calculations and preparation of our narrative and information preparation from the Board
- Various Key projects with a Reward Theme as and when required.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Previous compensation and benefits experience ideally within a fast-paced commercial organisation.
- Experience of preparing data on excel and managing the change over into the cloud or online technology as required
- Experience of tax and National Insurance calculations and processing employee benefits such as travel season ticket loans, Private Healthcare etc.
- Excellent administration skills with high attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders within the company
- Good team player, who is capable of working on their own initiative, in a busy environment
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
- Excellent IT skills in Excel (Advanced), Word and PowerPoint
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?