Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing Benefits For Good. Our unique & innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole other level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused & on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting times in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not about to become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market & our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. We truly believe using our platform and products can impact people’s lives, nearly 2 million people already use our platform (Darwin).
Join us on our journey & take the next step in your career with the Client Solutions Team!
About the team:
The Sales Opportunity Coordinator position is a development role within the global sales team and is a great opportunity to work in an international, fast-paced sales environment. You will work within a small, expert team to support the senior members of the field sales team develop and close complex deals.
Your mission will be:
- Support the field sales team to accelerate specific large and strategic opportunities through the pipeline to closure including but not limited to – prospect/market research, coordinating presentation & proposal creation, coordinating resources and collateral for pitch presentations, requesting pricing, and assisting the Bid Team with responses to formal tenders
- Creation of scalable and replicable tools and templates that can be used in a Sales and Pre-Sales situation to help increase the volume of opportunities as well as the deal velocity.
- Build relationships with key individuals both internally at Thomsons and externally within prospects to proactively support close plans and other sales led activities for opportunities in the latter stages of the sales process.
- Manage daily workload to ensure all objectives are met
- Educate prospects on the Thomsons Online Benefits Value Proposition and drive engagement through event networking and online representation, as well as delivering subject matter expertise for specific prospect opportunities.
- Support at key prospect events throughout the year including networking and providing demos of our products where required
- Ensure all prospect records and all activity is accurate and to the standard required by the business at all times
- Focus on the achievement and overachievement of key performance indicators set for the role
- Focus on professional and personal development by taking advantage of the opportunities afforded you as a member of the Client Solutions team.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Persistent self-starter with a track record of successful, credible follow-up and interaction with multiple management levels within an organization
- At least 1 year’s successful experience in outbound lead generation or inside sales
- Ability to qualify a prospect to key criteria through effective questioning techniques and to research prospects using a variety of different tools including social platforms, specific tools and web based research
- Proven track record in a software environment where accurate data entry and management of a CRM system as required
- A team player with the ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment with a desire to work with others for broader success
- Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with the MS Office suite;
- A basic understanding of information technology and comfortable discussing technology with customers;
- Sales training, Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- University degree or equivalent work experience
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.