Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is changing benefits. For good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to another level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of the most exciting time in the company’s history and whilst we are recognised as the global leader in our industry we are not complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our “PINK” people are what makes this possible.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success and dominate the global market. Nearly 2 million people already use our platform DarwinTM, and we truly believe that using our platform and products positively impacts people’s lives.
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the Marketing team!
About the team:
Our top-class Marketing team is dedicated to growing awareness of Thomsons and DarwinTM and educating the market on global benefits technology. We help position DarwinTM as the top platform of choice to help Thomsons on our journey to dominate the global benefits market, and along the way, change benefits. For good.
Marketing are responsible for generating opportunities for our sales teams to start conversations with prospects, and for the account management team to engage clients with opportunities to cross-sell. We do this through the creation of quality thought leadership and content which we communicate to the market through a range of channels, such as email, social media, events, webinars, trade shows, PR and our website.
All our activity is designed to ensure Thomsons maintains its reputation as a thought leader in the industry and is the first choice for benefits technology, guaranteeing that the right people know who we are, what we do, and why we are the best in the market!
Your mission will be:
This Senior Marketing Executive role requires a proven background of delivering highly effective and targeted marketing campaigns, ideally in EMEA or globally. This role is responsible for building demand for our inbound marketing delivery engine through a broad range of marketing activities across the mix, as well as enabling our marketing colleagues in our parent company, Mercer, to ensure we are maximising their reach and channels to market.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, Mercer, product, sales and client account teams as well as third party agencies and media partners in the design, delivery and measurement of campaigns that support company revenue and client satisfaction goals. It is a busy and dynamic team – you will be required to help keep the pace of delivery and bring high energy to work every day.
- Plan and manage execution of marketing campaigns including:
- Analysis of customer and market data to help plan and create high performing campaigns to generate new business sales.
- Innovative use of the marketing mix to develop compelling assets and strong calls to action.
- Copy-writing for online and offline channels. Ensuring all communications are consistent with branding and tone of voice.
- Email nurture campaign set up and execution.
- Social media planning and execution.
- Briefing any agencies and/or third party media suppliers.
- Work with the marketing team at our parent company, Mercer, to create insightful campaigns that promote and strengthen our joint value propositions and build lead pipeline for both parties. ·
- Promote all campaigns across the business and within the Mercer community with a clear communications programme and a self-serve enablement toolkit for the sales team and Mercer.
- Regularly report on the effectiveness of overall campaigns and ROI, identifying and communicating key learnings for future campaigns.
- Budget management, working to set cash budgets for campaigns.
- Support for hosted events and trade shows
- Proactive database development to support long-term audience and pipeline growth
What skills and values you will bring:
- Marketing specialist with proven delivery of high impact, integrated campaigns.
- Leader in digital technology. Marketing automation systems experience (ideally Pardot) is a must, with strong track record of managing lead generation engines and nurture platforms.
- Excellent writing skills, with high attention to detail of both content and presentation impact, and ability to work to and apply branding guidelines
- Ideally experience in software, ideally SaaS solutions, with knowledge of HCM or employee benefits market segments being useful.
- BA/BSc in a Business Management, Marketing, Economics, or related field
- Ability to manage the dynamic environment of a rapidly growing business with strong capabilities in planning and management of short and long term projects.
- Strong stakeholder management, ability to influence and communicate persuasively to our management team, clients, partners and prospects.
- High comfort level in reporting and analysis.
- Well-developed business sense and professional skills which enable you to help us make the right decisions for our business.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong internal drive and determination which enables you to thrive in a changing, fluid organisation.
- Commercial outlook and understanding of client needs.
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with the offering of progression
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
We remain passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ and to ‘maximise our potential’ are part of our unique culture, which is the glue that binds us.