Our Mission & Vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The role has a high level of interaction with the business and other Finance colleagues, so we're looking for a PINK colleague who is agile, commercial, highly motivated and has strong communication and interpersonal skills to join us!
Your role and your mission:
In this role, you will own the preparation, distribution and ongoing improvement of financial management information. This will include the monthly actual results, forecasting, business KPI reporting and the annual budgeting process. To thrive, you will be a self-starter who has experience working in a fast growth, fast changing environment.
As our Planning and Reporting Analyst you will make an impact by:
- Managing the preparation and consolidation of Month End Results: coordinating with the controllership and Warsaw AP teams on ensuring the data submission to Mercer (our parent company) is timely and accurate
- Preparing, submitting and coordinating of reporting to Mercer FP&A
- Managing the preparation and consolidation of the Forecast; working with the finance business partners and business stakeholders to build up the forecast ‘bottoms up’, challenging assumptions and ensuring the forecast is robust and explainable
- Producing high quality presentation materials, summarizing key findings and recommendations
- Producing Key Management reports such as the Flash Reports, Exec Dashboards, Leadership Team P&L’s with insightful and commercial commentary of the overall performance of the business
- Producing and continuously reviewing & improving of the monthly Board Pack and business KPIs pack circulated to the Exec and Leadership team.
- Managing the Payroll Forecasting process and file, working with HR and the business to track and understand developments in the business and challenging the hiring pipeline
- Assisting with further automation of reporting within Excel and upcoming MI automation project
- Supporting the Head of FP&A on Ad Hoc business projects
- Managing and developing of the FP&A intern, reviewing work and mentoring.
What skills & values you will bring:
- A qualified accountant with a CIMA, ACA or MBA equivalent qualification
- Strong reporting skills, ideally with at least 2 years reporting and FP&A experience, with a passion for analyzing numbers and drawing insight
- Technical FP&A ability to constantly check the integrity of the work/data produced so as not to create wider reputational risk
- Strong communication and presentation skills in drawing out key comments when reporting results
- Have a passion for wanting to understand the key drivers of the business performance and not just presenting the obvious
- Experience working in a fast moving, high growth, agile business and the ability to cope with that change
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-financial people in a simple and insightful way
- High level Excel skills, handling large volumes of data, comfortable working in Excel and Systems
- Can do attitude, always looking for ways to improve current processes
- Hyperion/Essbase/Oracle/SAP knowledge
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?