Role Location: London, UK
Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognized as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionize the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximize potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Technology department as a whole stretches across the UK, Romania and Singapore. Our technology drives our business and so our software engineering department is of extreme importance to the success of our company and our clients. We are looking for a passionate, talented Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our diverse, driven and fun team.
The role and our mission:
- Defining, designing, communicating, and executing Thomsons’s quality vision across our global engineering teams and Darwin™ releases
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new test framework designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicating it to your team and management
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies
- Coaching and mentoring team members
What skills and values you will bring:
- olid commercial experience in large scale test automation
- Designing and developing testing tools, automation frameworks and quality processes that are maintainable, scalable, extensible and reliable
- Automating for Angular and ASP.net applications
- Working with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Octopus
- Leading teams and projects
- Working in multi-disciplined teams including Software Engineers, DevOps and SysEngs
- Object-Oriented Programming (SOLID) fundamentals
- Debugging and general problem solving
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience
- Proactive communication and cross-group collaboration
- Web performance, accessibility and security
- C# .Net
- Selenium Webdriver
- Basic concept of relational and non-relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
Desired experience in:
- Source Control (Git, TFS)
Our “PINK” benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?