Role Location: London, UK
Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognized as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionize the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximize potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The software engineering team is on a continuous journey of innovation. Working on our SaaS product Darwin is exciting, rewarding and challenging. Being part of a diverse and agile team is an excellent opportunity to collaborate, create and progress. The team is looking to welcome a senior full stack software engineer
The role and our mission:
- Designing and building enterprise applications with more emphasis on front-end development.
- To work within our global engineering team, to design, develop and maintain our Darwin™ software platform.
- Setting the technical direction, by consulting with the team and architects, and considering all arguments.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by promoting best practices, conventions and standards.
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicating it to your team and management.
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies.
- Researching new technologies for the team.
- Coaching and mentoring team members.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Solid of experience in enterprise application development.
- Extensive front-end development, using the latest web technologies, to create user-friendly and accessible user experiences.
- Designing and developing systems that are maintainable, scalable, extensible, reliable and secure.
- Leading teams and projects.
- Working in multi-disciplined teams including Quality Engineers, Business Analysts and UX designers.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- Object-Oriented Programming (SOLID) fundamentals.
- Debugging and general problem solving.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) fundamentals.
- N-tier architecture.
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience.
- Proactive communication and cross-group collaboration.
- RESTful APIs.
- C# .Net
- HTML 5 and CSS3
- Web API
- Working on a known version Control tool
- LESS or SASS
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
Our “PINK” benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?