Cluj, Romania | Job Posted 20/02/2018
As a Senior QA you will use the latest testing tools and frameworks in test automation to build our automation capability. This role requires a solid blend of testing experience, software engineering and technical knowledge.
You will work closely with our global engineering team, to design and implement our quality practices, take a hands-on approach to qualifying our application (Darwin™) releases with test frameworks and automated quality gates.
What will you be doing:
- Defining, designing, communicating, and executing Thomsons’ s quality vision & processes across our global engineering teams and Darwin releases.
- Ensuring you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new quality processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Tracking the progress you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate it to your team, architects, engineers, DevOps and management.
- Setting the technical direction, by consulting with the team and architects, and considering all arguments.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Providing guidance and insight on development techniques and methodologies.
- Researching new technologies for the team.
- Coaching, one to one mentoring, and developing team members.
We are looking for a PINK person, with:
- Strong experience in test automation, testing Distributed Systems and/or Software Development Kits.
- Designing, building and implementing testing tools, automation frameworks and Quality processes.
- Designing and developing systems for both high availability and scalability.
- Working with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Working closely with DevOps in establishing effective quality strategies which facilitate a quick feedback mechanism in a continuous deployment environment.
- Automating for Angular and ASP.net applications.
Proven Ability in:
- Object Oriented Programming fundamentals with proven problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Agile development methodology along with full software development life cycle experience.
- Developing effective quality strategies for extensible, scalable, maintainable, secure and high performing applications.
- Proactive communication and cross group collaboration.
- Selenium Webdriver
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Nice to have skills:
- Other experience in Continuous Integration Tools e.g. TeamCity
What we offer:
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients