Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team:
The Strategic Opportunity Opportunity position is a development role within the Client Solutions team and is a great opportunity to work in an international, fast-paced sales environment. You will work within a small, expert team to support members of the Commercial team across New Business and Client Success to develop and close complex deals.
The role and your mission:
- Support the Commercial Team to accelerate specific large and strategic opportunities through the pipeline to closure including but not limited to - prospect/market research, coordinating presentation & proposal creation, coordinating resources and collateral for pitch presentations, and assisting the Bid Team with responses to formal tenders
- Creation of scalable and replicable tools and templates that can be used in a Sales and Pre-Sales situation to help increase the volume of opportunities as well as the deal velocity.
- Working closely with senior members in the Client Solutions team to help support the commercial team in producing service schedules, country prioritisation plans, billing schedules, ROI analysis & country analysis.
- Build relationships with key individuals both internally at Thomsons and externally within prospects to proactively support close plans and other sales led activities for opportunities in the latter stages of the sales process.
- Provide high level Darwin technical support for demonstration preparation.
- Strategic mind set in approaching the cross-company collaboration between, ensuring full visibility of multiple sales pipelines to ensure a cohesive sales approach.
- Manage daily workload to ensure all objectives are met
- Educate prospects on the Thomsons Online Benefits Value Proposition and drive engagement through event networking and online representation, as well as delivering subject matter expertise for specific prospect opportunities.
- Support at key prospect events throughout the year including networking and providing demos of our products where required
- Focus on the achievement and overachievement of key performance indicators set for the role
- Focus on professional and personal development by taking advantage of the opportunities afforded you as a member of the Client Solutions team.
What skills and values you will bring:
- Persistent self-starter with a track record of successful, credible follow-up and interaction with multiple management levels within an organization
- Ability to qualify a prospect to key criteria and to research prospects using a variety of different tools including social platforms, specific tools and web based research
- Proven track record in a software environment where accurate data entry and management of a CRM system as required
- A team player with the ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment with a desire to work with others for broader success
- Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure
- Positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with the MS Office suite
- A basic understanding of information technology and comfortable discussing technology with customers
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?